Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Your Best Holidays or concert ever



"Look at the quality of that graffiti" -My Art Teacher, once. 


"Generic Beach"
My grandmother always goes to vacation. Every single year. Even the times she doesn't have much money, or no job at all. To her, travelling is unmissable, the thing that made all year's work worth it. So of course, she always took me and my brothers to vacations. Her favorite place to go are beaches of the North of Chile.
This might sound weird to some people but I've gone to the beach so many times in my life, I don't like it anymore. I don't even remember the names of the cities that I've been... La Serena? Coquimbo? They are all the same to me in my mind.

Cows! :D
Sometimes I accompanied my other grandmother, by mother side, when she traveled to visit her family across the the country side of the South of Chile, like Linares, Conception and Punta Arenas. There, I got to appreciate a life a little bit more rudimentary than the one I had in the city.  I saw lots of animals like cows, pigs and sheeps, and since I was an animal lover, these were very enlightening experiences.


But the holidays that I enjoy the most remembering are actually these last winter holidays.  It was the first time I traveled out of town with friends instead of family. I went to Valparaiso with two of my best friends. We took the bus early in the morning, and then came back late in the afternoon of that very same day.
When we first arrived, we went to a little beach by the coast. Swimming wasn't allowed, but we played in the water a little bit, and it was much more fun than playing alone...
After eating and shopping, we went to a botanical garden in Viña del Mar, where we rested and talked and took lots of pictures. We were tired, but there were so many different things to see.

"The colorful stairs of Valparaiso"

We finished the day just walking around, enjoying the iconic colorful streets of Valparaiso, full of wonderful urban art. There I remembered the first time I met Valparaiso, on a school trip, when my art teacher said "Look at the quality of that graffiti". I don't know why, but this is important. My friends didn't get it.





It was really short time, but I will always keep that day in a special place of my heart, for I know how important it is to spend time and build memories with the people you love the most before you lose them.
"National Viña del Mar Botanical Garden, Viña del Mar" 





2 comments: